Sunday Life Drawing
We are BACK! Next scheduled session: August 10th from 1-4pm at EASE Gallery (30 W Woodruff Ave) 1-4 PM Check the calendar for datesA portion of the fees is donated annually to OAL
$8 • 18 & over
- a relaxed, non-judgmental environment
- a model with limited props
- lighting and chairs
- background music
- drawing surfaces (paper, boards/easels)
- pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, and/or watercolors; no other paints, please
- a pickup if you plan to use solid media that may leave dust or other residue
ProgramDrawing sessions typically consist of:
Participants are asked to help with set up and clean up if physically able. Please be on time so as not to disturb other participants or expose the model to passers-by.
- 6 one-minute gestures
- 6 two-minute gestures
- 15-minute pose
- a short break
- three 35-40 minute poses with breaks between
We do not have themes for the sessions and there is no instruction. We sit in chairs or on the floor in a semicircle; easels can be set up behind chairs. The model is posed standing, reclining on cushions on the floor, or sitting; there is no posing stand.
Occasionally sessions need to be cancelled on short notice; in such situations we will attempt to contact those on our roster by telephone or email.
No photography. Camera phones must be off while in the gallery. Fees must be paid up front in cash and are subject to change. Non-participating visitors are not permitted.