2021 Fall Juried Exhibition
Deadline September 3rd, 2021
Since 1910, OAL's annual juried exhibitions continue to be the backbone of the organization's artistic programming, showcasing current work by Ohio artists. For each exhibition, the juror(s) invited by OAL’s Board will apply contemporary standards of excellence to select visual art of the highest merit.
Juror: Ed DixonWe would like to announce that this year's juror is, Ed Dixon, Founder of Edward A. Dixon Gallery
Dayton native and longtime art enthusiast, Ed Dixon opened the Edward A. Dixon Gallery in the Fall of 2017 in Downtown Dayton, Ohio. After years of involvement in the music, film and fashion industry, Ed decided to turn his attention to his passion for visual art and began the curation of artwork from artists on a world-wide scale.
Ed has curated and hosted multiple shows at the gallery that have included artists such as Sabrina Terence, Ronnie Williams, Marilynn Page, Erica Arndts and the late, legendary Beatles animator Ron Campbell. Exhibition themes at the gallery have included We’re Doing It ALL Wrong and JOY (That’s Just What I needed). He also served on judging panels for exhibitions and artist grants such as Art of Soul! Juried Art Show presented by NAAMCC and the Culture Works Special Projects Grant.
Ed has sought to build comfortable and inviting environments for all level of art enthusiasts in his various gallery locations. Making the connection between the general public and visual arts is his number one goal for the Edward A. Dixon Gallery.
Ed is a patron and a member of several local art organizations including the Dayton Society of Artists, The Contemporary and the Dayton Art Institute, as well as, the Cincinnati Museum of Art and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. In addition to the time Ed spends promoting the visual arts, he serves on the executive committee for the Dayton Sister City Committee, maintains his realtor license, serves in an advisory role for the Dayton Emerging Fashion Incubator, writes for his travel blog and is an avid investor.
Hosted by: Ohio Art League
Exhibition Juror: Ed Dixon - Owner of Edward A. Dixon Gallery
Open call for online exhibition.
· September 3rd - Midnight (12 AM) deadline for submissions
· September 4nd - September 18th - curated
· September 19th - Acceptance notices sent
· October 1st - November 30th online exhibition dates
· Open to Ohio Art League members only. Not a member yet? Click here to fix that!
· Entrants must be at least 18 years of age
· Artists may enter only their original work
· Artwork must have been completed in the last four years
· Artists may enter up to three (3) pieces
Juror will award up to 6 winners: $500 for Best of Show, $200 for second place, and $100 for third place; with up to three possible Honorable Mention.
· The curators reserve the right to refuse entry of materials not prepared to the specifications listed on the entry form.
· Submission of an entry shall constitute agreement on the part of the artist or artist's representative that said images may be used without restriction by the exhibition’s coordinators for the purpose of promoting and documenting the exhibition (e.g., press releases, posters, internet promotion, grant requests and reports)
· Sales – All monies from art sales will be disbursed as follows: 25% and 75% to the artist within 45 days after the conclusion of the exhibition. Please price your work accordingly.
For questions about submissions please email email@example.com