2022 Spring Juried Exhibition
Deadline: March 28th, 2022
Since 1910, OAL's annual juried exhibitions continue to be the backbone of the organization's artistic programming, showcasing current work by Ohio artists. For each exhibition, the juror(s) invited by OAL’s Board will apply contemporary standards of excellence to select visual art of the highest merit.
If you would like to submit and are not a member, join today to submit to this state-wide exhibition and gain access to other members only submissions and Ohio Art League activities.
Juror: Yan Sun
Yan Sun is the recipient of The William Oxley Thompson Award for Excellence in Teaching (2001) and The William Rainey Harper Award for Outstanding Scholarship (2008) of Muskingum University.
To recognize the contributions of Yan Sun to the museum and its community, the Zanesville Museum of Art named its diverse cultures gallery "Yan Sun Diverse Cultures Gallery."
Hayden Museum of American Art published Yan Sun’s paintings in books: “Life ∙Time ∙ Space – Yan Sun’ Paintings” in 2004 and “Yan Sun - Cross Culture ∙ Cross Century” in 2007.
Yan Sun's paintings are shown in solo exhibitions in art centers, galleries, as well as museums such as Hayden Museum of American Art, Zanesville Museum of Art, Canton Museum of Art, and Museum of East Texas. And some paintings become part of the museums' permanent collections. His paintings are also selected in numerous international and national art exhibitions, including those in the United States, China, Turkey, Greece, Italy, and Kazakhstan. Many of his paintings received awards.
Yan Sun is a signature member of Oil Painters of America (OPA).
Some awards Yan Sun received include the following:
• Award of Excellence. The 2021 Eastern Regional Juried Exhibition of Traditional Oils, Oil Painters of America (OPA). Art Center Manatee, Bradenton, FL. September 28 - October 22, 2021.
• Award of Excellence. Best of America, National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS). Cutter & Cutter Fine Art, St. Augustine, FL. 2020.
• Award of Excellence. “Virtuosos of the OPA (Oil Painters of America)” Salmagundi Club in NYC. 2015.
• Bronze Medal of Oil Painters of America 2010 Eastern Regional Juried Exhibition, Wilmington, NC. 2010.
Yan Sun is co-author of the book, The Spirit of Art, The Splendor of Life - Artistic Talents in Ohio.
Yan Sun is the founder of Yan Sun Art Museum that locates in a beautiful Art Deco style building in Zanesville, Ohio. Since 2014, Yan Sun Art Museum contributes to the community by providing theme exhibitions and various programs.
Ohio Art League is a volunteer based organization. Volunteers are necessary to support the ongoing exhibition of member artwork. If you would like to volunteer, please click the link below to sign- up.
Hosted by: Ohio Art League
Exhibition Juror: Yan Sun Professor of Fine Art, Chair of Art Department, and Director of Gallery at Muskingum University
Pennington Custom Art Service
3047 Indianola Ave, Columbus, OH 43202
May 14th - June 24th, In-person exhibition dates
May 28th - Opening Reception 1-4pm
· Open to Ohio Art League members only. Not a member yet? Click here to fix that!
· Entrants must be at least 18 years of age
· Artists may enter only their original work
· Artwork must have been completed in the last four years
· Artists may enter up to three (3) pieces
Juror will award up to 6 winners: $500 for Best of Show, $200 for second place, and $100 for third place; with up to three possible Honorable Mentions.
· The curators reserve the right to refuse entry of materials not prepared to the specifications listed on the entry form.
· Submission of an entry shall constitute agreement on the part of the artist or artist's representative that said images may be used without restriction by the exhibition’s coordinators for the purpose of promoting and documenting the exhibition (e.g., press releases, posters, internet promotion, grant requests and reports)
· Sales – All monies from art sales will be disbursed as follows: a 25% commission will be retained by OAL and 75% will be sent to the artist within 45 days after the conclusion of the exhibition. Please price your work accordingly.
For questions about submissions please email firstname.lastname@example.org