These exhibitions serve as a forum for individual and collaborative efforts in the analysis, organization, and presentation of works of art. Curators organize artists, curate the exhibition (virtually due to covid) and write a curator's statement.
To participate in the 2021 Member Curated Exhibitions, you must be a paid member of Ohio Art League and login into your account on oal.org.
Once logged in, you can follow the below link to submit.
Not a member or need to renew? Join here!
Hosted by: Ohio Art League Venue: OAL website via online catalog
Open call: Open to the first twenty (20) member proposals.
Overview: The Proposal submission process is very easy. Partner with another member to either curate your work for an online exhibit, or you curate theirs, or you can curate each other as two separate proposals. Then fill out the form!
· 5/11 - Midnight (12 AM) deadline for intent to participate
· 5/19 - First member proposal meet and collaborate via Zoom
· 5/26 - Second member proposal meet and collaborate via Zoom
· 6/14 - Midnight (12 AM) deadline for submissions
· 6/16 - Member review and voting on Zoom
· 6/22 - Member online voting deadline
· 6/25 - Acceptance notices sent
· 6/25 - Online exhibition dates announced
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit your intent to participate as either an artist or curator by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5/11/2021 12:00 AM.
The first step is very important as we will be using these sign-ups to create a participating member list on our website. This list will allow members to choose a partner. You are welcome to meet with your partner on your own time, but we are offering two Zoom sessions to allow people the chance to meet with their partner.
2. It is strongly recommended that you attend at least one (1) of the two (2) Zoom proposal meetings, but it is not required. Feel free to make you own connections via the Member Profiles in the OAL Directory to collaborate with another member!
3. Read, understand, and agree to the guidelines and policies (below)
4. Complete the entry form entirely and submit ten (10) entries in digital format before the deadline.