These exhibitions serve as a forum for individual and collaborative efforts in the analysis, organization, and presentation of works of art. Curators organize artists, curate the exhibition (virtually due to covid) and write a curator's statement.
To participate in the 2021 Member Curated Exhibitions, you must be a paid member of Ohio Art League and login into your account on oal.org.
Once logged in, you can follow the below link to submit.
Not a member or need to renew? Join here!
Hosted by: Ohio Art League Venue: OAL website via online catalog
Open call: Open to the first twenty (20) member proposals.
Overview: The Proposal submission process is very easy. Partner with another member or members to create a proposal that includes your work in a show.
There are 4 possible combinations of curator and artists:
1. Curator and "Single Artist"
2. Curator and "Group of Artists" (limit 4 artists total)
3. Curator as an "Artist" with "Single Other Artist"
4. Curator as an "Artist" with "Group of Artists"(limit 4 artists total)
· 5/19 - Member proposal meet and collaborate via Zoom·
· 6/14 - Midnight (12 AM) deadline for submissions
· 6/16 - Member review and voting on Zoom
· 6/22 - Member online voting deadline
· 6/25 - Acceptance notices sent
· 6/25 - Online exhibition dates announced
HOW TO APPLY
1. Login into your OAL Member Account.
2. Complete the Member Curated Exhibition Proposal Form
The first step is very important as we will be using these sign-ups to create a participating member list on our website. This list will allow members to choose a partner. You are welcome to meet with your partner on your own time, but we are offering two Zoom sessions to allow people the chance to meet with their partner.
Members should feel free to meet with their groups at any time to plan their shows. OAL will be using the May OAL Tonight on Zoom to allow people the chance to meet with their partner(s).
3. Read, understand, and agree to the guidelines and policies (below)
4. Complete the entry form entirely and submit a minimum of ten (10) entries in digital format before the deadline.